Solution Finder Get Tech Support

External Shutdown and Reset Options

Posted by: Tisara on

I designed a SW power supply using LNK6774.  I want to design protection for SW power supply by Overvoltage protection function 

I would like to know about "External shutdown and reset options" by change resistor to comparator circuit connect base of transistor, can I do that?

and can you please advise if there is a better method

Thank you in advance,

Files

Attachment Size
example circuit_0.png 36.05 KB

Comments

Submitted by Tisara on 05/10/2024

I can use over voltage protection function of IC LNK6774 according to example circuit attach file or not?

Thank you in advance,

Attachment Size
example circuit.png 36.05 KB
Submitted by clarathomas on 05/13/2024

External shutdown and reset options provide users with alternative methods to power down or restart a device beyond the standard operating system commands. no contract cable and internet packages  These options can include physical buttons, switches, or remote commands accessible through external devices or interfaces. Implementing external shutdown and reset options enhances system reliability, allowing users to troubleshoot and perform necessary actions even if the operating system is unresponsive or inaccessible.    

Submitted by PI-Wrench on 05/13/2024

You will need to put a series resistor between the base of the transistor and the comparator output to prevent the comparator from pulling down the BP supply via the base-emitter connection on the PNP transistor.